Friday, December 14, 2012

TGIF

Whoa, what a week!

This week has been PACKED... projects galore, Gingerbread Day, and 

We finished these handprint wise men.  I can honestly say this is one of the most {annoying} time-consuming projects I have ever completed.  They are super cute, but you have to have a TON of patience (especially with the glitter--you have been warned).  


Also, please note how well this one followed directions for putting the faces on the camels (donkeys?)...



Our kids were sooo thrilled with the snow.  We went sledding and played outside lots this week--so fun to watch.  Oh, and we also ate it.  I shouldn't say we.  THEY ate it, while I stood nearby saying, "The snow has been stepped on...do we step on all our food before we eat it?"

My three year olds made these strings of Christmas Lights on Tuesday with sponges and paint.




Gingerbread day was a success--even if it did turn out to be quite a bit of work.  Note to self: do NOT follow the "Heavy Duty Gingerbread Ornaments" recipe!  The dough was too dry, then too sticky, and even though it smelled pretty good, by the end of the day I never wanted to smell it again.  Here is a picture of the ornaments:


Next year I think I will be using salt dough or white clay--they can just paint it brown!

Speaking of salt dough... my 3's made these adorable little ornaments to give to their parents...

Last night I made playdough for my kiddos to play with when they finished with their "wrapping paper."  The wrapping paper is made of construction paper, cookie cutters, and white paint.  Super easy, and cute!


The playdough was quite a hit as well!  And so therapeutic for me... haha.  Does anyone else love playdough?

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment