Thursday, November 1, 2012

Hurray for October 31st!


We don’t celebrate Halloween here, for which I am very THANKFUL.  So thankful, in fact, that we made thankful turkeys on October 31st!  I honestly don’t have a huge issue with trick-or-treating, and most of my kids actually went (and some of them brought me some candy today).  Breakfast anyone?


But we did make thankful turkeys, and they are seriously cute:




When asked what he was thankful for, one little boy said, “WAL-MART.”  Seriously?  We live in the land where Targets are more plentiful than McDonald’s, and he says Wal-Mart.  I got some great responses, including chicken, fuzzy blankets, and frogs.  Overall, I think most of them got the message and said some real things they were thankful for.  Moms, dads, sisters, brothers, beds, and American Girl dolls were all very real answers.

We worked on letter G this week, and my fellow pre-k teacher made gumball machines with dot painters.  She worked on counting a certain amount of each color (though this example is probably not indicative of how many they were supposed to do…). Pretty sweet though. 

The start of November also means a new dramatic play area… we are now officially a pizza shop!




As you can probably tell, we are a mixture of a Papa Murphy’s and a Pizza Hut, but as we all know, Papa Murphy’s is far superior. Pizza Hut just has an easier logo to enlarge J

Enjoy your start to November—I know I will be.  There are sure to be some kids in a sugar coma!

No comments:

Post a Comment