Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fall Fun

My week so far has consisted of a LOT of masking tape.  Meaning that my walls are changing!  October is here and we're welcoming fall in our classroom!

Last week we made these fall trees:





The watercolor leaves we painted last week made their way into a tree outside my classroom.  After the time invested cutting, taping, and placing, I'm thinking the tree can be there till December...right?

They turned out soooo beautiful (even those children who thought blue deserved a place on their fall leaf)!

My dramatic play is no longer an ice cream shop :( We loved playing there, but we needed a change!  Now that it is fire safety month, we have a fire station!


Complete with a burning wall and "fire truck".  I wish I could post the pictures of kids playing there--they are loving it!

We also said goodbye to our B is for Bird and C is for Caterpillar crafts... we welcomed in letter D with D is for Dinosaur.  Check out how cute these are!


Last but not least, we made scarecrows on Monday.  There was quite a mess of rafia on the floor, but I think the end result was worth it!
  
















Today I had a sweet reminder through a song we sang--it said, "No matter where you are, no matter where you've been, praise the Lord!"  What a great God we serve that no matter where we have been, He still loves us!

No comments:

Post a Comment