Thursday, September 13, 2012

One week in...

I am absolutely in love with pre-k :) My kiddos are the cutest, sweetest little ones!

Not only did I get 10+ hugs today, here's a snapshot of how adorable they are.  On Tuesday, we went to the library, and WITHOUT any prompting, one little said to me, "Mrs. Rabedeaux, thank you SO much for taking us to library so we could check out books!"  Yes, all of them refer to me as Mrs.  No, I do not waste my time correcting them.  In fact, my aide and I had to laugh when I accidentally said it myself in our name-game this morning.  All in a day...

This week has been one of the busiest in my entire life.  I moved (yes, again), started a new Bible study, and had my first full week in pre-k.  But I can honestly say, I LOVED it.  I am going to be exhausted tomorrow, but it is so worth it.  

Things I have learned this week:
1. Three's have an attention span that lasts about 3 minutes.  Plan accordingly.
2. Coloring is therapeutic to some of my criers.
3. Overplan.  For everything.  You never know when an activity might take WAY less time, or the kids can't focus. 
4. Animal Action=best ever preschool song, even if I can't stand it.
5.  Whenever possible, ask a kid to pray.  It is the most adorable, life-giving thing in the world.

It is amazing to me how fast the day can fly!  I sometimes wish there weren't so many specials just so I had more teaching time...I certainly never thought I would say that!  One of the best parts of my day is listening to them play.  They have some of the funniest conversations, such as:


"I smell a stinky.  Who was it!?!"

"No, you have to be this one.  It's the girl." (Referring to these community helpers dolls...side note: they are all men, as far as I can tell.)  


"Mrs. Rabedeaux, N isn't wearing any shoes!"

"N, why are your shoes off?"
"Because now I don't have to go back inside!"--on the playground.  I'm not quite sure how that rule works?

We also made some of the cutest crafts this week!  Thanks to pinterest, most of the time I don't have to look very hard for crafts to go with our theme.  This week was apples, and these are the "apples" we made:


We also made buses for the first week of school.  I was unaware that they had never been cut out in the past... guess I was just over-working their fine-motor skills?

My three's are working with glue--lots--but these alligator A's sure are cute:

Thank you to the sweet mom who left me this on my desk this week:


Hope you are all having a wonderful "smooth" start to your year as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment