Wednesday, January 30, 2013

P is for Pre-k, Penguins, Pigs, Peacocks...

Do you know how many things start with the letter P?

I am now well aware... Peacocks, Penguins, Pandas, Polar Bears, Pigs, Panthers, Pretzels, Popcorn, Pizza, Pancakes...the list continues.

We're actually doing two weeks of letter P, which is cool with me.  More time to drag out the letter P snacks (popcorn, pretzels, pancakes...)

My 3's made these peacocks last week--I think I did a poor job explaining how the feathers should look.  Oh well.

Wednesday brought on the mess of penguins to my classroom.  It literally looked like it exploded after I had three centers worth of penguin mosaics, but they sure turned out well.  We learned some fun facts about penguins and then made these for the hallway.  Did you know that penguins can swim up to 15 mph?  Well...they can.

 




I think I missed out on showing our O is for Octopus craft--I love it too much not to share.


We also made penguin puppets!  These were so much fun--and I loved listening to their little voices talking to each other through the puppets.



Today in centers we made the three little pigs' houses.  Then I traced some pigs and put them on the wall.  I love them!



Tomorrow I am doing a pancake day with my three year olds--wish me luck!


1 comment:

  1. Jen, You are so creative! It was fun to see all the neat things you are doing in your classroom. You are an awesome teacher, so loving and so kind to your students. They are blessed! My niece has a preschool in her home. She does the cutest things. Would you be able to check her out on her facebook page? She has tons of pictures with good ideas. Aaron Staci Poland Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete